Mark is former manager at BT Environment Unit with over 21 years relevant experience. He brings a high level of environment design expertise to the Giraffe team but he also has an excellent understanding of the legislative implications of environmental legislation. Mark has represented BT at Government and EU level on much of the producer responsibility legislation.
Mark developed BT’s Eco-design tool and practices and co-developed BT’s Rapid Life Cycle analysis tool. He formerly managed BT’s ISO 14001 Product Stewardship aspects in eco-design and environmental E-learning. Experienced in eco-design, environmental E-learning, environmental economics and cost benefit analysis. Mark was BT’s representative on the following EU Environmental directives:-
- Waste Electrical and Electronics Equipment Directive (WEEE)
- Restrictions on use of hazardous substances/materials in Electrical and Electronics Equipment (ROHS)
- Marketing and Use Creosote
- Biocidal Products
- Set BT’s procedures on WEEE and RoHS directives
- EUP- Eco-Design of Energy Using Products Directive
Mark set BT’s procedures on WEEE and RoHS directives and represented BT on numerous British Standards committees including eco design, wood preservation and coating steel.
Mark is on the DEFRA panel for consumer and IT products.